A guide to converting model 1 grit or extruded aluminium rollers to the fluted type.
1) Remove the 3 x M6 screws (10mm hexagon head) fastening the end cap to the roller guard as shown below.
2) Remove the roller end cap in the direction shown below.
3) Remove the roller by pulling outwards in the direction shown below. If the roller will not release apply penetrating oil in areas shown with white arrows in the picture.
Apply penetrating oil onto locating pin & through the outer bearing.
4) It is advisable to coat the motor output shaft with grease before attempting to fit the new roller. To fit the new roller simply push it into position, ensuring the rollers machined slot lines up with the drive pin as shown below and gently tap the outer end of the roller using a soft face mallet to drive the roller fully home.
5) It is advisable to coat the end cap stub with grease before attempting to fit. Locate the roller end cap into position, add thread lock to the 3 x M6 screws and tighten them. (7.5 nm) as shown below.