A guide to replacing the Evolution Hex Shaft.
1) Remove the 2 x yellow indicator screws by turning anti-clockwise with a 14mm spanner.
2) Pull out the 2 x shoulder bolts from the Powrtouch.
3) Remove the ‘E clip’ from the end of the hex shaft & white washer.
4) Remove the ‘E clip’ from the inner end of the spring retaining pin by pulling in the direction shown. Pull out the retaining pin from the other side.
5) Lift the motor gearbox assembly off the lower carriage.
6) Slide the cam off the keyway, remove the cam keyway and now pull the old hexshaft out of the Powrtouch.
7) Insert the new hex shaft ensuring the cam & keyway are installed the correct way.
8) Replace the ‘E clip’ on the outside of the hex shaft.
9) Lower the motor gearbox assembly back onto the lower carriage.
10) Insert the 2 x shoulder bolts through the mover & re-attach the 2 x yellow indicator screws by turning clockwise with a 14mm spanner. N.B It is advisable to use a general purpose threadlock on all screws when assembling.
11) Stretch the return spring towards the back of the Powrtouch and re-insert the spring retaining pin through the end of the spring, and replace the ‘E clip’.