A guide to converting model 3 grit or extruded aluminium rollers to the fluted type.
1) Remove the 3 x M6 screws (10mm hexagon head) fastening the end cap to the roller guard as shown below.
2) Remove the roller end cap
3) Remove 2 x M6 screws (10mm hexagon head) from the secondary gearbox cover and remove the cover as shown below.
4) Remove the gear located on the inner end of the roller by firstly unscrewing the counter sunk screw using a 3mm Hex key (as shown).
5) Remove the roller drive gear and keyway (Shown Below).
6) Remove the roller in the direction shown below.
7) Insert the drive spigot into the housing and gently tap the outer end using a soft faced mallet to fully drive the spigot home as shown below.
8) It is advisable to coat the spigot with grease before attempting to fit the new roller. Insert the new Fluted Roller onto the spigot ensuring the rollers machined slot lines up with the drive pin as shown below and gently tap the outer end of the roller using a soft face mallet to drive the roller fully home.
9) It is advisable to coat the end cap stub with grease before attempting to fit. Locate the roller end cap into position, add thread lock to the 3 x M6 screws and tighten them. (7.5 nm) as shown below.
A) Replace the keyway in the roller slot, then slide over the gear locating the keyway in the gear.
B) Fit the countersunk screw and re-tighten. As shown in the diagrams below.
11) Re-grease the gears as shown below using general purpose grease.
12) Refit the gearbox cover and tighten both M6 screws (10mm hexagon head) to 7.5nm (Shown below).